Technically, she is 9 1/2 months. I have just been so busy lately, it's taken me awhile to get this update posted. I can't believe she is already 9 months old, you know what that means? Less than 3 months of formula!
She is:
- getting so big, literally. We weighed her at home a week ago, 22 lbs. Oh, my goodness. No wonder my arm gets so tired carrying her after only a few minutes. But her little fat rolls and chubby cheeks are so cute, so we don't plan to put her on Jenny Craig just yet :)
- getting up on her hands and knees, rocking back and forth. So, soon enough, she'll be cruising all over the place.
- able to feed herself with finger foods.
- loving bath time. It is absolutely her favorite time of the day. As soon as we start to run the bath water, she is screaming and kicking with excitement.
- teething, again. She will have 6 teeth once these two break through. Sadly, she is horrible while teething. She doesn't eat well (so, it's quite a mystery as to how she got to her 22 lbs), sleep well, and isn't too happy while awake. I also noticed today that part of her gums are black and blue, which I guess can be a sign of teething. Poor little girl :( So, that's six down, only about fourteen more to go.
- super charming. She smiles at everyone. Finally, she is getting out of her shell and is getting more comfortable around people other than Cameron or I.
- completely attatched to her pink silky blanket. I have tried to get her to sleep with other blankets, and it just results in no sleep and lots of tears.
- finally sleeping through the night without a feeding. She has been stubborn, and has never really slept through the night. I decided it was time to pull the plug and force her to give up the middle of the night bottle. It's taken a lot of sleepless nights, letting her fuss and cry till she finally fell back asleep. Many nights it took at least 2 hours till she was asleep again, I've been a walking zombie the last week or so, but it's finally paid off!
- loving to stand. She would rather be up on her two feet than anything else. She still needs to be supported all the time and has practically no balance, but it's what she loves.
2 comments:
What darling pictures. You're quite a photographer!
You are such a good mommy!! I love the bath picture - I see a lot of "Bingham" in her facial expression in that one. Very cute.
Post a Comment