Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Earlier this week we carved pumpkins.  This is the first time we've done it with Abby.  She wouldn't touch the inside of the pumpkins.  We wanted her to help clean out the goop and seeds in the pumpkin, but she wouldn't even go near them.  She was so cute, she kept saying over and over "I love pumpkins" and "Thank you, Daddy".  She was bouncing off the walls with all the excitement of just carving pumpkins.  Then we took them outside and lit them up with candles, she loved that too.





Abby is a fairy, but she says she's Tinkerbell.  Lexi is a little bee. 


Cute little bug!


 We did our trick-or-treating on Saturday night.  One the perks of living in Utah, everyone celebrates on Saturday rather than Sunday.  The night started out a little rough.  It was pouring rain for most of the afternoon and early evening.  Around 6pm we got the girls in their costumes and headed out the door with our umbrella and we figured we would get soaked.  But miracoulusly the rain had stopped.  Abby practically ran from house to house she was so excited.  We have talking to her all week about how you have to say "trick-or-treat" at the door to get the candy.  I honestly didn't think she would, though.  She can be so shy and timid.  And when we would talk to her about it, she would say "how about if I just be quiet at the door".  But she ran up to each door, and said "trick-or-treat" each time, then "thank you, thank you".  Lexi rode around in the stroller, but she totally picked up on the excitement and let out a few squeels of joy.  It was still pretty cold outside, so we just went around the block, hitting maybe 20 houses or so.  When we got home, we had hot chocolate and popcorn balls while we watched the Shrek Halloween special.  It was such a fun night for everyone!

One of the greatest joys of having kids, is watching them experience all this fun and excitement.  I think that is one of the reasons that I suffer through vacations by myself, and cold nights walking around the neighborhood.  I woudn't want to miss seeing the girls smiles and giddyness, it is so priceless.  And I know there is tons more in store as we have officially started the holiday season.

1 comment:

Toni said...

I TOTALLY agree with you on your last paragraph. There's something fulfilling about knowing that you're the one that made them that happy. We experienced that on Tuesday when we took both boys to a bounce house. They were both in heaven, and it was so much fun for all of us!

Glad you guys had fun trick or treating, and glad it wasn't rainy!