Sunday, May 23, 2010
Mela-Carci...What?
For several years, Cameron has had a patch of skin on the back of his neck that is discolored. He went to a dermatologist a couple of years ago to get it looked at, and he said it was some pre-pre-cancerous spot or something and gave him a cream to put on it. Cam tried that for several months and nothing changed. This week, he went to a different dermatologist, and was told that it was actually skin cancer. I don't remember the technical term he used (mela something carci something, I have no idea???). But the doctor cut it out right then and there, while me and the girls were in the room. Gross! It was about the size of a quarter, and I have tried to avoid looking at the wound, because I briefly glanced at it and I still get the heeby-jeebies when I think about that grossness. The doctor also said that Cam's a little young to be getting "tumors" (the doctors words, not mine), especially that size, so he needs to be checked over regularly. Both the girls are quite pale, actually more like pasty white, so they definitely have inherited their dads skin coloring, not that I have dark skin either. I'm already OBSESSED about putting sunscreen on them, but this has just intensified my obsession.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment