Tuesday, July 21, 2009

4 Day weekend and The Hogle Zoo

Last week I looked at Cameron's work calendar and was pleasantly surprised to discover he had a four days off this weekend. We thought about taking a quick trip down to St. George to see family, but when we saw the weather report and it was gonna be blazing hot we decided to stay local and fit in some activities we have wanted to do all summer. Yesterday we took Abby to the Scera Pool in Orem because Cam has free passes because he is a city employee. I even braved putting on a swim suit (which was made even more difficult by the fact that I'm growing out my regular clothes, but not quite in maternity) and got in the water too. Abby is a little unsure of the water, and just stood around a lot. But we all had fun, and I realized that I need to take her more often so she will get comfortable.


Today we went to the Hogle Zoo, and we invited Are and Piper to come along. It was fun because Abby is really interested in learning about tons of animals and we have tried to teach the sounds that different animals make. So we thought it was time she saw all these animals in person.


She loved the elephants, the bears and the monkeys. The Hogle Zoo is great because it is kind of smaller so you can be in and out in a couple of hours. With it being quite warm, we were ready to leave once we'd seen most of the animals.



Piper is only 7 months old, and wasn't all that interested in the animals, but she happily rode in her stroller the whole time.

2 comments:

Jolynne said...

I glad you had lots of fun, you guys deserved 4 much needed days together. I love the family pic.. Also way to go on going to the zoo in the HOT weather! :)

Kyle said...

You are a very cute pregnant woman!! Love your family picture :)