I know that my last post said that the removal of the binky had been easy and successful, but over the last week things have totally gone downhill!!! Abby will go to sleep fine when it's time, but almost every night she has woken up in the middle of the night, and just played in her crib for HOURS. I have tried giving her stuffed animals to comfort her for when she wakes in the middle of the night. I have tried to wait it out, thinking it will get better, but it was getting worse. And finally I reached my breaking point. I was tired (more tired than I can remember in a long time), Abby was tired, and I no longer had the patience. SO, I gave in. She has her binky and her bear, and we both got a restful nights sleep. I guess we will try again in a month or so. I think that the most frustrating part was that I couldn't understand what the problem was. She easily fell asleep at the beginning of the night, but was unable to fall asleep in the middle of the night. Whatever, it might just remain a mystery.
So on top of that, Cameron's been sick. And I seem to have developed shin splints putting a stop to one of my favorite things, running. I am trying to train to run a half marathon, but this sore leg is holding me back. It's kind of funny to think that running has become something that I enjoy. Several years ago, I couldn't fathom why ANYONE would ENJOY running. Now, I can't wait for the hour that I get to run and sweat.
Anyway, just needed to complain, and update on the binky situation (which I'm sure isn't all the interesting).
4 comments:
I am sorry it has been such a rough week. I hope you get feeling better soon>
Sorry the binky removal has been tough. Both my kids gave their's up really easily.
As for the shin splints, wrap them with ace bandages fairly tight. Your muscle is pulling away from the bone and the bandages will hold it in place to heal while you run. Hopefully it will help?
I have to admit, I'm a wimp about the binky situation. We only use it at bedtime now (and church if necessary) but I can't convince myself to nix the bedtime binky just yet.... if you come up with any hot ideas, let me know! And good luck.
getting rid of the binky is probably the hardest thing I have ever done. good luck. I am so jealous that your running and training for a half marathon. AS soon as I have this baby, I will hopefully be there again.
Post a Comment