Thursday, October 4, 2012

Family update

Ok, so I guess it's time to do a post.  It's been awhile.  It's been a crazy couple weeks, but also at the same time, pretty boring too...

Anyways, going from youngest to oldest:

Colton:  He is growing, growing, growing.  He is really starting to be able to communicate with us which makes life a little easier for us when we are trying to figure out what he wants.  He says so much, and understands even more of what we say.

Lexi:  She is so dang funny, all her little expressions and things she says.  She still mimics nearly everything Abby does and says, which is cute, but I'm sure a little annoying for Abby.  The girls get along so good and play together all the time.

Abby:  She is loving kindergarten every single day.  Last night was parent night and I took her, and she was able to show me everything in her class.  She was bursting with excitement over everything, and pretty much took me through everything she does everyday at school.  I love that she loves school, and loves learning.

Me:  Well, I had surgery.  It's been 3 weeks.  3 long and crazy weeks.  The surgery went good, they ended up doing a lot more than anticipated, and then it took quite a long time to get my pain managed (turns out this surgery is one of the more painful surgery's) so it was a long day at the hospital.  I was asleep, or totally drugged up, so the day went quickly for me, but poor Cam was sitting in the waiting room for hours with no idea what was going on, and why it was taking so much longer then expected.  I think we left the house at 8am didn't get home till after 9pm.  I spent the first couple days laying in bed completely drugged up, and hooked up to this cold therapy machine.  Cam took care of me those first days, and he was amazing!  Since then, it's been a lot of people taking turns to help around the house.  My friend Marci came for a day, Cam's sister came for a couple days, Cam's mom came for a day, then my Mom came for a week and a half.  It's definitely taken longer than I thought it would to be able to care for the kids on my own.  Being on crutches really limits what I can do, namely carry Colton.  That's been my biggest hurdle, Colton doesn't know how to climb down the stairs, so there is no way for me to get him up and down the stairs.  We've been trying to teach him to go down, cause I feel like people are going to start to get sick of being here, just to carry Colton around.  My mom left this morning, so hopefully he'll either learn to get down the stairs, or my physical therapist will clear me to start carrying Colton soon.  Thankfully, both my Doctor and physical therapist say I'm recovering faster than normal, so that helps give me hope that I'll be back to my usual self quicker than anticipated.  Anyhow, obviously I'm super grateful for all the friends and family that have helped me out.  

Cameron:  He's just busy working a lot, then coming home and taking care of the kids since I've been out of commission.  He's been so amazing, and I'm so glad he's here by my side.  Next week he starts a class for work to get certified to drive the truck (he can drive the engine, but not the truck).  He's constantly trying to get all sorts of extra certifications for work and stuff.  I love that he loves his job, I know it makes it easier to go to work so much.

So that's pretty much it.  I think the next few weeks will be more of the same.  Just trying to get back into our old routine eventually, and try to recover as quickly and safely as possible from this surgery.


1 comment:

Cindy Ricks said...

That's good to hear that you have had a lot of help and are recovering quickly. When you are feeling up to it we need to get together and catch up. Take care.