Back at Lexi's 2 year well check (6 months ago, in December) her pediatrician recommended her to see an optimologist because of some differences in the red reflex (similar to the "red eyes" that show up in photos) in her eyes. I kept putting it off, and the wait time to get into the pediatric eye Dr was several months, so finally she had her appointment today. Back in December, her Dr said it was most likely nothing, but he wanted her to get checked just in case, so I really was expecting to be told her eyes were fine, and be sent on our way.
Yeah, that's not how it happened.
Instead, we were told she needs to wear glasses. Ha. My first thought was how in the world am I supposed to get a 2 year old to wear glasses.
Apprently, the prescription in one eye is drastically different than the other. The optimologist said that she see's clearly, but one eye is working a lot harder than the other, and eventually, the one eye that's not really working could start to lose vision if it's not corrected. So she needs to wear glasses in hopes that will get both eyes working together.
The Dr said it's going to be especially hard to get her to wear the glasses because she won't really notice a difference by wearing them. I'm not looking forward to this. Lexi is one stubborn little girl, and in the middle of the terrible two's, where everything is her way or the highway. And even if I can get her to wear the glasses, I got to keep Colton from ripping them right off her face. However, there is a huge insentive to get her to wear them cause if the glasses don't do the trick, then she'll have to have a patch. Yeah, I'd kinda like to avoid that, so I'll try my best to get her to wear the glasses.
The Dr also said that it can run in the family, so we should bring Abby and Colton in to get their eyes tested as well. Could you picture little Colton with glasses? Now that would be kind of funny.
Lexi was tired, her eyes were feeling funny from having them dialated and really wasn't interested in the mood to help pick out some cute frames, but we got a couple of pairs of glasses ordered. They won't be here for a couple of weeks, so we have a while before the real battle begins of trying to get her to keep those suckers on her face.
I'll post some pic's once we get the glasses. She looks super cute, and so sophisticated ;)
2 comments:
She will look so cute in glasses! But that will be a challenge to get her used to them! Good luck!
kids with glasses look so adorable! I can't wait to see them!
Post a Comment