Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving week

On Monday, Cam's sister Cynthia came to visit from California, and she and her two super cute kids stayed at our place.  That made for a very full house :)

Tuesday, we took the kids to Kangaroo Zoo, a bouncy place, and the kids had an absolute ball.  They played for a couple of hours.  Lexi even enjoyed bouncing and going down the slides.  It was a lot of fun, and wore everyone out.

Wednesday, everyone came over for dinner and we got some prep work done for the big meal on Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving!  Everyone came over again, in the morning, and we went out and took some family pictures since nearly the whole family was here (we were just missing Cynthia's husband).  Then it was time to get down to business, and start the real cooking and eating.  Dinner was, of course, delicious.  The kids spent the rest of the day running around and playing.  And us adults relaxed and visited.

Friday, Cynthia, Emma and AJ left to go back home.

It was a fun week, and I really enjoyed the chance to get to spend some time with Cynthia and her kids.  There were a few hiccups though.  Both Colton and AJ (they are only 3 months apart) decided to wake up nearly every hour, every night.  I don't know what AJ's excuse was (probably just being away from home), but Colton has several teeth coming in.  There are 4 teeth that I know for sure will be coming in real soon, so he has been a little miserable.  On top of that, Lexi had a pretty horrible cold, and it seemed to be slowly working it's way around the family.

I hardly got any pictures of all the fun because the batteries in my camera died, and  I didn't have any to replace them.  But here are the few I did get, and they are pretty pathetic.
Emma trying to hold AJ on her lap

The girls on Thanksgiving

AJ and Abby


AJ.  He is the sweetest little guy.  He just melted my heart :)

Uncle Devin, holding Colton
And of course, it's another year that we have a lot to be thankful for.  All the usual stuff: job, home, health.  But most of all, I'm thankful for family and friends.  These last 6 months have been very stressful and overwhelming at times, and I know I would have lost my mind a long time ago it wasn't for all the help I've received from the people in my life.  So, I super grateful for the little "village" of people around me that are helping me raise my family.

No comments: