Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Colorado Vacation

I had, yet another trip to Colorado (I love spending time with my family).  My Mom was sweet enough to fly out to Utah, with the sole purpose being to drive back to Colorado with me a few days later.  And once we arrived in Colorado, it was go, go, go.  For the first several days were super busy.  I spent most of the time with Michelle up in Denver.  So that entailed a lot of driving back and forth from my parents.  But it was SO worth it.

On Saturday, we went swimming in the afternoon, then that evening we went to Bandimere Speedway to watch the drag races.  Michelle's boyfriend, Jeremy, is way into cars, so they have frequented the Speedway quite a bit, and invited us to come with them.  I must of had a total lapse in judgment, and decided to take Lexi with me.  Michelle promised me that Abby would love it, and that both her and Jeremy saw no reason not to bring Lexi.  We could get ear protection for all the kids, so, no big deal, right?  Yeah, right!  My first clue should have been, that looking around, I didn't see any other babies there.  Some young toddlers, and tons of kids, but not a whole lot of babies.
Even though she had these super adorable ear muffs that quieted the really loud noise, it didn't make it completey silent either.  So, it was still to much noise for to be able to sleep.  Which made for a long evening with a cranky baby.  In the end, we bailed a few minutes early to start our near mile long walk to the car, and ended up watching the fireworks from our cars.  However, aside from the crying baby, I really enjoyed the drag races, I just think next time, I'd go minus a few kids.

Sunday afternoon, I went to the airport to pick Cam up (hallelujah) and then headed back to Michelle's to hang out till the local fireworks shows would start.  But the weather totally didn't cooperate, and it rained, and rained, and rained, then it hailed, then it rained some more.  So, needless to say, we didn't see any fireworks that night.

Monday, Michelle and Kenna came up to my parents and were took the girls to the local splash park.  Abby actually played in the water, which is a first. 

She tends to be a bit of chicken with anything concerning water.  Cam went with my dad to go shooting, which he absolutely loved.

Tuesday, it was back to Denver to go to Michelle's, for another afternoon of swimming and playing.

Wednesday, we finally got a chance to kind of relax.  I ended up meeting with a good friend I grew up with at Jump In to let our little girls play.  And Abby really enjoyed that.
 My friend Christine's little girl

3 comments:

Madeline said...

We were in Colorado too! We also enjoyed the hail/rain on the 4th!

Jolynne said...

I am so glad you had alot of fun going home! I sure missed you! I am glad your back! :) Cute photos! I can't wait to play tomorrow!

Toni said...

How fun that you got to meet up with Christine! I'm trying to see if I can meet up with her here, since we apparently live in the same city now! Which mean, I have a friend!!

So fun that you got to see Michelle! Hope I can see her when I'm out next month.